Man and dog saved in Exmouth bedroom fire

PUBLISHED: 17:05 05 July 2013 | UPDATED: 17:05 05 July 2013

Archant

A man an a dog were led to saefty when a fire broke out in a bedroom at a home in Brixington

Two fire appliances from Exmouth were mobilised to several reports of a bungalow on fire in Winston Road, in Exmouth, on Thursday night.

Upon arrival crews led a man and a dog to safety. Firefighters found a fire in the rear of the property in a bedroom which they set to work extinguishing using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a ventilation fan.

The fire service said an ambulance was requested for the male who was suffering from smoke inhalation. He was taken to hospital.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The Fire and Emergency Support Services were requested to assist with the temporary re-housing of another occupant.

“The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental which resulted in the bedroom being completely damaged by fire and the remainder of the property being slightly damaged by heat and smoke.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists