Man admits having sex with horse
DNA recovered from the scene by police.
A MAN has admitted having sex with a horse and could face jail.
Derek Woods, 26, pleaded guilty to the charge and two more of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, when he appeared at Central Devon Magistrates’ Court today (Thursday, December 30).
Magistrates heard incidents took place between December 2009 and August of this year at a paddock and stable near Clyst St George on the A3052, which links Sidmouth to Exeter.
Magistrates said they felt they did not have the powers to sentence Woods, who lives in Alphington, Exeter. He will be sentenced in Exeter Crown Court in January.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that East Devon police found him in a paddock in August.
Detectives and the stable owner employed various tactics to catch Woods, whose DNA was recovered from the scene.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 8 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 9 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The court heard that CCTV images showed Woods committing a depraved act on a horse.