Major sport funding for public vote.
SPORT in Exmouth is set for a big boost- and residents will get to decide which sport benefits.
Around �150,000 will be spent on sports facilities in the town by East Devon District Council, which has come from housing developers as part of receiving planning permission.
Now the council is asking sports and community groups to come up with their own ideas for how the money should be spent to fund new or existing permanent sports facilities.
However, the money cannot be spent on indoor facilities, professional sports grounds, golf courses or playing equipment.
Proposals must be sent to Exmouth Town Council by April 21, before the best ideas are put up for a public vote to choose which schemes will be funded. Between one and three schemes are expected to get the go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth Town Clerk, John Wokersien, said: “In these days of austerity, it is a pleasure to be able to say that there is some money available for investment in our community and that this is an opportunity to ask people what they think it should be used for.”
An EDDC spokesman said: “The most important thing is that we ask the community where they want this money spent.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
“We have to make sure that we have asked all the right people in the town, and that we have a good cross section of the community.”
Ideas can be submitted to the town council at the town hall, by email at email@example.com, or by post to Exmouth Town Clerk, Exmouth Town Hall, St Andrews Road, Exmouth, EX8 1AW.
Proposals should include your name, the name of your group, contact details, information on the proposal and an estimate of how much funding you want to apply for. Proposals can just be initial ideas, rather than fully-planned projects.