Major label deal for Exmouth singing star
A teenage Exmouth singer looks set to hit new heights, after he was signed to US music giants Interscope Records.
Tom Andrews, 17, of St John’s Road, got his big break last year when he was spotted by US TV star Ellen DeGeneres and signed to her Eleveneleven label.
Since then, Tom, of St Johns Road, has been preparing to release his first album, which will now be released on Eleveneleven and Interscope.
Tom’s deal means he joins a roster of world class acts, which includes Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, U2 and Eminem, and will enjoy all the support offered to a major label star.
He said: “It’s incredible. It’s always been my dream to sign with Interscope and it’s just suddenly happened.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m even on the top row of the artist page of their website – because it’s in alphabetical order!”
Having signed his new deal, Tom will now head out to Los Angeles in November to meet with his new label team, and possibly to record for his album, although Tom expects the trip to be more about promotion than song writing.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
A potential release date for Tom’s album is expected to be announced shortly. His music is available through www.tomandrewsmusic.com