Maintain the quaintness
Over my 52 years on this earth, I have seen many changes to Budleigh Salterton. I can see that, realistically, the existing Longboat Cafe is limited and a bit out of date.
Over my 52 years on this earth, I have seen many changes to Budleigh Salterton.
I can see that, realistically, the existing Longboat Cafe is limited and a bit out of date. A form of development could enhance the needs of the promenade. However, the quaintness of Budleigh needs also to be maintained and the modern look is, therefore, wrong.
It seems to me that there are some glaring ageism and health and safety issues that may need expressing and may have been missed here.
People; their needs and their behaviour patterns are changing. Do we want people to be able to climb on the roof of this building? All the public area and seating should be only at ground floor level, including wash facilities. The council shelter provides a respite from the elements at all times of the day or night and this shelter would be lost.
You may also want to watch:
Budleigh goes to sleep in the winter and what other commercial uses are planned to keep this a viable proposition? Hopefully, no disco and/or bar licence will be issued to tempt my 11-year-old into a combination of future evening swims that could be lethal.
Personally, I would prefer to see a pavilion design in order to maintain the old Britishness that makes Budleigh such a unique place.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 9 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
Fore Street, Budleigh Salterton.