No major injuries from Salterton Road crash
- Credit: Budleigh Fire Station
Budleigh Fire Station confirmed there was no one trapped and minor injuries were treated by paramedics.
Emergency services were called out to deal with a two-vehicle crash on a busy Exmouth road on Wednesday (January 23).
Fire crews from Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth attended the incident near Liverton Business Park, along with police and paramedics, at around 10am after reports of people trapped in the vehicles involved.
A spokesman for Budleigh Fire Station said there was no one trapped and injuries were treated at the scene by paramedics.
Crews then made the cars and spillages safer and removed the vehicles from the highway to help police officers get the road re-opened as soon as possible. Due to the damage, a winch was used to clear the vehicles and the roadway was cleaned.
You may also want to watch:
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman added: “Luckily these people had seat belts on so always remember to wear your seat belt and take extra care in the winter conditions.”
- 1 Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- 2 Freemasons step up to help with vaccination roll out
- 3 Third time unlucky as Exmouth man caught with abuse images jailed
- 4 Environmental issues a hot topic in Local Plan consultation
- 5 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 6 Redwood trees are 'fantastic news for Torbay's Naturally Inspiring environment'
- 7 Shoppers to boost life-changing charities impacted by Covid-19
- 8 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 9 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 10 Exmouth coach leading Brazil v Argentina