No major injuries from Salterton Road crash
- Credit: Budleigh Fire Station
Budleigh Fire Station confirmed there was no one trapped and minor injuries were treated by paramedics.
Emergency services were called out to deal with a two-vehicle crash on a busy Exmouth road on Wednesday (January 23).
Fire crews from Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth attended the incident near Liverton Business Park, along with police and paramedics, at around 10am after reports of people trapped in the vehicles involved.
A spokesman for Budleigh Fire Station said there was no one trapped and injuries were treated at the scene by paramedics.
Crews then made the cars and spillages safer and removed the vehicles from the highway to help police officers get the road re-opened as soon as possible. Due to the damage, a winch was used to clear the vehicles and the roadway was cleaned.
You may also want to watch:
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman added: “Luckily these people had seat belts on so always remember to wear your seat belt and take extra care in the winter conditions.”
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake