Vintage tea party enjoyed to mark Budleigh woman’s 90th birthday
- Credit: Annmarie Turner
A vintage-style tea party to celebrate a resident’s 90th birthday at a Budleigh Salterton care home gave people something to smile about during the Covid-19 uncertainty.
Bay Court Residential and Nursing Home resident Madeline Bullock and several of her friends celebrated her birthday with the tea party and a glass of Prosecco and all her favourite party food.
Two of her daughters were able to attend and witness her open her gifts through a window.
There was also a Zoom conference call during the party so more members of her extended family could be included in the celebrations.
Annmarie Turner, events coordinator at Bay Court, said: “As Covid continues to disrupt our lives, we constantly try to find ways to ensure our residents at Bay Court are still able to enjoy their lives to the full.
You may also want to watch:
“Maddy always adds a touch of glamour and sparkle to any occasion. She is very loved and is such an important member of our Bay Court family.”
- 1 Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- 2 Freemasons step up to help with vaccination roll out
- 3 Third time unlucky as Exmouth man caught with abuse images jailed
- 4 Environmental issues a hot topic in Local Plan consultation
- 5 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 6 Shoppers to boost life-changing charities impacted by Covid-19
- 7 Redwood trees are 'fantastic news for Torbay's Naturally Inspiring environment'
- 8 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 9 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 10 'We've been overwhelmed by your support'