Vintage tea party enjoyed to mark Budleigh woman’s 90th birthday
- Credit: Annmarie Turner
A vintage-style tea party to celebrate a resident’s 90th birthday at a Budleigh Salterton care home gave people something to smile about during the Covid-19 uncertainty.
Bay Court Residential and Nursing Home resident Madeline Bullock and several of her friends celebrated her birthday with the tea party and a glass of Prosecco and all her favourite party food.
Two of her daughters were able to attend and witness her open her gifts through a window.
There was also a Zoom conference call during the party so more members of her extended family could be included in the celebrations.
Annmarie Turner, events coordinator at Bay Court, said: “As Covid continues to disrupt our lives, we constantly try to find ways to ensure our residents at Bay Court are still able to enjoy their lives to the full.
You may also want to watch:
“Maddy always adds a touch of glamour and sparkle to any occasion. She is very loved and is such an important member of our Bay Court family.”
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces