Macmillan bus brings cancer support
A mobile team of cancer advisers stopped off in Exmouth
The Macmillan Cancer Support bus spent a day in the Strand Gardens, giving advice to residents about cancer and about the charity’s services.
Macmillan’s area chairman for Devon, Tricia Heard, said: “The bus was pretty popular and had a lot of visitors.
“It’s a fact that cancer rates are on the increase, so the more knowledge we can get out to the public about Macmillan Cancer Support the better.
“Demand for our services is forever increasing as more people live longer with cancer, and they and their families need support for a longer period of time, so fundraising from outside parties is very important to us.”
You may also want to watch:
To get involved with Macmillan or for more information, contact Tricia on (01395) 519317.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 6 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year