Lynne is crowned Miss Slinky
A Withycombe Slimming World member is celebrating her weight loss by winning a competition - crowning her Miss Slinky
Super-slimmer Lynne Morrison is celebrating dropping three dress sizes, and winning a competition for her efforts, after joining an Exmouth slimming club.
Lynne, 35, has been named Withycombe Slimming World group’s Miss Slinky after losing three stone since April. She said it was thanks to the slimming group she felt confident about looking good over the festive season.
She said: “I’ve always thought of Christmas as the time of year to dress up in something gorgeous and sparkly, and now I know I’ll have lots of fun finding that perfect outfit.
“Before, I used to avoid certain shops or styles because of my size, but now I can go anywhere and still find something that not only fits but looks and feels great too. That’s something worth celebrating all year round.
You may also want to watch:
“I haven’t felt slinky in years but – thanks to Slimming World – I am again, and it feels great.”
Withycombe group consultant Lisa Boucher said Lynne’s achievements made her a role model for other people in Exmouth.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 3 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 8 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
She said others joining the group now could still drop a dress size before Christmas.
Lisa said: “There are many people in Exmouth who are already obese and at risk of suffering from illnesses like diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.
“I think that makes what Lynne’s achieved even more staggering. I hope she inspires lots of other people to improve their health by losing weight and shows them that whether you’ve got a little or a lot to lose, slimming down can make a huge difference to your confidence and self-esteem.”
For more information about Withycombe’s Slimming World group, which runs every Thursday at 5.15pm or 7pm at Withycombe Church hall, contact Lisa on 07968 241286 or visit www.slimmingworld.com