Lympstone Village Hall fundraising continues
SHOPPERS are invited to a Christmas art and craft sale, organised to help raise funds for the modernisation of Lympstone Village Hall. The sale, organised by Lympstone Art Group, takes place this Saturday, November 21, at the Methodist Church, between 9am
SHOPPERS are invited to a Christmas art and craft sale, organised to help raise funds for the modernisation of Lympstone Village Hall.
The sale, organised by Lympstone Art Group, takes place this Saturday, November 21, at the Methodist Church, between 9am and 1pm.
Anne Crisp, chairman of the art group, said it was an ideal opportunity for people to buy handmade presents, stocking fillers and cards at reasonable prices.
She said: "Our art and craft sales are always friendly and popular events.
You may also want to watch:
"This year promises to be even better with a wider range of goods being donated by many members to raise funds for the hall."
Stalls will be selling art and craft items, including ceramics, jewellery, decorations, cakes and embroidered goods.
- 1 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 4 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Big or small, we can all do our bit to care for planet we live on
- 8 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 9 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
An appeal was launched three months ago to raise in the region of �20,000 for critical repair work to be carried out at Lympstone Village hall which was built in the 1930s.
A number of fundraising events have taken place since the launch which has included a special calendar featuring a dozen brave villagers posing nude.
For more information about the village hall appeal or any of the events designed to raise money, call Jill Wilson, coordinator of the fundraising committee, on 264753.