Lympstone Village Hall fundraising continues
SHOPPERS are invited to a Christmas art and craft sale, organised to help raise funds for the modernisation of Lympstone Village Hall. The sale, organised by Lympstone Art Group, takes place this Saturday, November 21, at the Methodist Church, between 9am
SHOPPERS are invited to a Christmas art and craft sale, organised to help raise funds for the modernisation of Lympstone Village Hall.
The sale, organised by Lympstone Art Group, takes place this Saturday, November 21, at the Methodist Church, between 9am and 1pm.
Anne Crisp, chairman of the art group, said it was an ideal opportunity for people to buy handmade presents, stocking fillers and cards at reasonable prices.
She said: "Our art and craft sales are always friendly and popular events.
You may also want to watch:
"This year promises to be even better with a wider range of goods being donated by many members to raise funds for the hall."
Stalls will be selling art and craft items, including ceramics, jewellery, decorations, cakes and embroidered goods.
- 1 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 2 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 5 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 6 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 7 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 8 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 9 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 10 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
An appeal was launched three months ago to raise in the region of �20,000 for critical repair work to be carried out at Lympstone Village hall which was built in the 1930s.
A number of fundraising events have taken place since the launch which has included a special calendar featuring a dozen brave villagers posing nude.
For more information about the village hall appeal or any of the events designed to raise money, call Jill Wilson, coordinator of the fundraising committee, on 264753.