Lympstone St Peter's school reunion
A SIXTY year school reunion has taken place at St Peter s School in Lympstone. The event, held on Saturday, September 26, was held to celebrate the school s move 60 years ago, from its original site at Long Causeway to Harefield. The headmaster, while b
A SIXTY year school reunion has taken place at St Peter's School in Lympstone.
The event, held on Saturday, September 26, was held to celebrate the school's move 60 years ago, from its original site at Long Causeway to Harefield.
The headmaster, while based at Long Causeway, was Theophilus Rhys-Jones, grandfather of HRH the Countess of Wessex.
A spokesperson for the school said: "Old boys from that era travelled from all over the country, as well as more locally from Devon, to attend. One former master came all the way from Spain.
"It was an opportunity to catch up with old friends, to look around the school and see the many changes and improvements that have been made over the last 60 years.
"Many former pupils remembered the move to Harefield.
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 4 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 5 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 9 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 10 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
"Some of the older alumni had poignant recollections of the World War II, when a Fokke Wolfe fighter plane strafed the gasometer nearby and the pupils were quietly ordered to get under their desks!
"The classroom that they were in is still in use at St Peter's, and entering it again brought back vivid memories.