Lympstone St Peter's school reunion
A SIXTY year school reunion has taken place at St Peter s School in Lympstone. The event, held on Saturday, September 26, was held to celebrate the school s move 60 years ago, from its original site at Long Causeway to Harefield. The headmaster, while b
A SIXTY year school reunion has taken place at St Peter's School in Lympstone.
The event, held on Saturday, September 26, was held to celebrate the school's move 60 years ago, from its original site at Long Causeway to Harefield.
The headmaster, while based at Long Causeway, was Theophilus Rhys-Jones, grandfather of HRH the Countess of Wessex.
A spokesperson for the school said: "Old boys from that era travelled from all over the country, as well as more locally from Devon, to attend. One former master came all the way from Spain.
You may also want to watch:
"It was an opportunity to catch up with old friends, to look around the school and see the many changes and improvements that have been made over the last 60 years.
"Many former pupils remembered the move to Harefield.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 4 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
"Some of the older alumni had poignant recollections of the World War II, when a Fokke Wolfe fighter plane strafed the gasometer nearby and the pupils were quietly ordered to get under their desks!
"The classroom that they were in is still in use at St Peter's, and entering it again brought back vivid memories.