Lympstone St Peter's school reunion
A SIXTY year school reunion has taken place at St Peter s School in Lympstone. The event, held on Saturday, September 26, was held to celebrate the school s move 60 years ago, from its original site at Long Causeway to Harefield. The headmaster, while b
A SIXTY year school reunion has taken place at St Peter's School in Lympstone.
The event, held on Saturday, September 26, was held to celebrate the school's move 60 years ago, from its original site at Long Causeway to Harefield.
The headmaster, while based at Long Causeway, was Theophilus Rhys-Jones, grandfather of HRH the Countess of Wessex.
A spokesperson for the school said: "Old boys from that era travelled from all over the country, as well as more locally from Devon, to attend. One former master came all the way from Spain.
You may also want to watch:
"It was an opportunity to catch up with old friends, to look around the school and see the many changes and improvements that have been made over the last 60 years.
"Many former pupils remembered the move to Harefield.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
"Some of the older alumni had poignant recollections of the World War II, when a Fokke Wolfe fighter plane strafed the gasometer nearby and the pupils were quietly ordered to get under their desks!
"The classroom that they were in is still in use at St Peter's, and entering it again brought back vivid memories.