Lympstone school children in sports day
NEARLY 100 children from St Peter s School in Lympstone took part in their annual sports day.
NEARLY 100 children from St Peter's School in Lympstone took part in their annual sports day.
They went head-to-head in 10 events last Tuesday in what has been the hottest day of the year so far.
The children, aged from five to nine took part in traditional events including the long jump and the sprint to more fun races like the fireman's race and the sack race as proud parents and grandparents looked on.
Jane Cooke, PE and Games Teacher said: "Everyone had a great time and the afternoon was rounded off by a fantastic cream tea in the school dining room overlooking the estuary.
You may also want to watch:
"This afternoon of fun also turned out to be valuable training. Following their first taste of competition a team was picked to represent St Peter's against Blundell's school and the St Peter's U9 boys outdid themselves by coming first and second in every event and winning the relay by 30 metres.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 5 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits
- 6 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 7 Shore anglers enjoy more success than charter boats
- 8 Rugby star Ben Moon’s Testimonial year begins
- 9 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 10 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange