Lympstone school children in sports day
NEARLY 100 children from St Peter s School in Lympstone took part in their annual sports day.
NEARLY 100 children from St Peter's School in Lympstone took part in their annual sports day.
They went head-to-head in 10 events last Tuesday in what has been the hottest day of the year so far.
The children, aged from five to nine took part in traditional events including the long jump and the sprint to more fun races like the fireman's race and the sack race as proud parents and grandparents looked on.
Jane Cooke, PE and Games Teacher said: "Everyone had a great time and the afternoon was rounded off by a fantastic cream tea in the school dining room overlooking the estuary.
You may also want to watch:
"This afternoon of fun also turned out to be valuable training. Following their first taste of competition a team was picked to represent St Peter's against Blundell's school and the St Peter's U9 boys outdid themselves by coming first and second in every event and winning the relay by 30 metres.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 4 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 5 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 6 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 7 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 8 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style