Lympstone’s bloom success
We start this week’s report with The Exmouth and East Devon Journal itself, saved by Miss Ursula Perry since August 1985.
The two main articles feature Britain-in-Bloom and the results of Lympstone’s Garden Club 40th annual flower and vegetable show. The judges, having walked through Lympstone’s colourful village, voted to award the village a place in the finals of the Britain-in-Bloom competition.
“Lympstone is a tribute to this competition and to the enthusiastic committee” said one of the judges, Mrs Clarke.
Lympstone was joint winner of the large village section with Market Bosworth in Leicestershire.
Lympstone was to be judged the following week for the All-Britain contest, with the winner to be announced later that month.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Steven Martin (photo) having entered the Garden Show, walked off with a number of cups, including the Frank Kittle Memorial Bowl for the competitor scoring the most points in show, whilst Garden Club Chairman Eric Stafford won the prize for the best begonia. The most attractive front garden was won by Mr & Mrs Parker, Homeleigh, Courtlands Lane and the best floral frontage without a front garden to Mrs Longmate, Offshore, The Strand.
As well as this, the articles are surrounded by Lympstone related adverts from, The Quayhole for all your knitting requirements, CRS Foodstores, Tonsora the hairdressers to David and Enid McIlveen’s mini bus hire. Lastly, on the back page, a superb Lympstone character residence with one acre garden and four bedrooms - �85,000.
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter