Lympstone pub opens in style
THE OWNER of a new Lympstone pub and restaurant said he was delighted after more than 400 people attended an event to celebrate its opening day of business. A celebratory event was held at The Redwing Inn, in Church Road, last Saturday, October 17, to
THE OWNER of a new Lympstone pub and restaurant said he was delighted after more than 400 people attended an event to celebrate its opening day of business.
A celebratory event was held at The Redwing Inn, in Church Road, last Saturday, October 17, to mark the opening of the refurbished venue.
Simon Robshaw, who co-owns the premises with his brother, James, said: "It was an outstanding day. We did face painting activities for the children - it was enjoyed by all.
"We had great takings. It's fantastic that we're now open.
"The place will be a huge asset to Lympstone because I take the mindset it's not my pub, it's the villages."
Simon added: "It is the only free house in the area.
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 4 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 5 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 9 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 10 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
"We're also a dog-friendly pub and we have horse rings outside for people to tie them up, come in and have a quick drink, and then ride away."
Asked if he had taken a gamble opening the business in the current economic climate, Simon said: "No, I believe in Lympstone. The people wanted this pub. It was going to be made into homes; they didn't want that, so I did exactly what they asked for.
"I'm very pleased with how the refurbished Redwing looks."
Simon said there would be a number of events taking place at the Redwing in the run-up to Christmas.
A pumpkin and fancy dress competition will be held as well as a special Halloween menu on offer next Saturday, October 31.