Lympstone pub opens in style
THE OWNER of a new Lympstone pub and restaurant said he was delighted after more than 400 people attended an event to celebrate its opening day of business. A celebratory event was held at The Redwing Inn, in Church Road, last Saturday, October 17, to
THE OWNER of a new Lympstone pub and restaurant said he was delighted after more than 400 people attended an event to celebrate its opening day of business.
A celebratory event was held at The Redwing Inn, in Church Road, last Saturday, October 17, to mark the opening of the refurbished venue.
Simon Robshaw, who co-owns the premises with his brother, James, said: "It was an outstanding day. We did face painting activities for the children - it was enjoyed by all.
"We had great takings. It's fantastic that we're now open.
You may also want to watch:
"The place will be a huge asset to Lympstone because I take the mindset it's not my pub, it's the villages."
Simon added: "It is the only free house in the area.
- 1 ejl wk24 new constituency
- 2 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
- 4 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
- 5 Town centre improvements will go forward for funding bid
- 6 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 7 Exmouth Town gearing up for pre-season campaign
- 8 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 9 Brilliant win on the road for Budleigh
- 10 Home care fair aims to raise awareness and provide advice
"We're also a dog-friendly pub and we have horse rings outside for people to tie them up, come in and have a quick drink, and then ride away."
Asked if he had taken a gamble opening the business in the current economic climate, Simon said: "No, I believe in Lympstone. The people wanted this pub. It was going to be made into homes; they didn't want that, so I did exactly what they asked for.
"I'm very pleased with how the refurbished Redwing looks."
Simon said there would be a number of events taking place at the Redwing in the run-up to Christmas.
A pumpkin and fancy dress competition will be held as well as a special Halloween menu on offer next Saturday, October 31.