Lympstone pre-school to continue for next 12 months
- Credit: Archant
The future of Lympstone pre-school has been secured for another 12 months after a series of fundraising jump-fit classes were held.
Kaytee Wilson, of PT with KT, in Exmouth, donated her time to run back-to-back sessions at the village hall, raising £1,580.
A total of £790 was raised by the event and was matched by Barclays Bank.
The pre-school needs to raise £4,000 to pay for running costs and manager Vicky Drinkwater confirmed this target has been met for this year – four weeks before the end of term.
She said: “The day was a huge success with a full house of 10 participants taking part in each class.
You may also want to watch:
“Without the support from our community, the pre-school would not be in a position to be able to continue.”
The pre-school is also looking to raise £250,000 for a new rent-free building and has so far stumped up £45,000 towards that total.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 7 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year