Lympstone flower and vegetable show
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village s flower and vegetable show. Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year s event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed t
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village's flower and vegetable show.
Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year's event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed that level this time around.
The show takes place on Saturday, August 29, in the village hall at 2pm.
Shirley said: "This year we have come up with some exciting new ideas, which our committee hope will attract even more people in the village to exhibit."
There are a number of categories at the event including vegetable, fruit, flowers, pot plants, juniors, home cooking, handicrafts, visual art, go green and premises.
Prizes will be presented at 4pm. The awards include the Lympstone Flower Show Challenge Cups, Clements Rose Bowl and the Greenfield Tankard.
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 3 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 4 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 5 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 6 Win keeps Exmouth Town second with games in hand
- 7 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 8 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 9 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 10 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
Admission to the flower and vegetable show is �1 for adults. Exhibitors and children, aged under 14, go free of charge.