Lympstone flower and vegetable show
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village s flower and vegetable show. Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year s event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed t
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village's flower and vegetable show.
Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year's event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed that level this time around.
The show takes place on Saturday, August 29, in the village hall at 2pm.
Shirley said: "This year we have come up with some exciting new ideas, which our committee hope will attract even more people in the village to exhibit."
You may also want to watch:
There are a number of categories at the event including vegetable, fruit, flowers, pot plants, juniors, home cooking, handicrafts, visual art, go green and premises.
Prizes will be presented at 4pm. The awards include the Lympstone Flower Show Challenge Cups, Clements Rose Bowl and the Greenfield Tankard.
- 1 ejl wk24 new constituency
- 2 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
- 4 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
- 5 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 6 Exmouth Town gearing up for pre-season campaign
- 7 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 8 Brilliant win on the road for Budleigh
- 9 Home care fair aims to raise awareness and provide advice
- 10 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
Admission to the flower and vegetable show is �1 for adults. Exhibitors and children, aged under 14, go free of charge.