Lympstone flower and vegetable show
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village s flower and vegetable show. Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year s event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed t
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village's flower and vegetable show.
Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year's event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed that level this time around.
The show takes place on Saturday, August 29, in the village hall at 2pm.
Shirley said: "This year we have come up with some exciting new ideas, which our committee hope will attract even more people in the village to exhibit."
You may also want to watch:
There are a number of categories at the event including vegetable, fruit, flowers, pot plants, juniors, home cooking, handicrafts, visual art, go green and premises.
Prizes will be presented at 4pm. The awards include the Lympstone Flower Show Challenge Cups, Clements Rose Bowl and the Greenfield Tankard.
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 3 Jack does the trick in Budleigh victory
- 4 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 5 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 6 Exmouth Harrier Jenny Reay excels at Newton Abbot Ladies 10km
- 7 Round-robin barbecue event huge success
- 8 Festival is blessed with sunshine and celebrities
- 9 Huge lifestyle changes are needed to avert disaster
- 10 Difficult decisions needed to tackle big issues
Admission to the flower and vegetable show is �1 for adults. Exhibitors and children, aged under 14, go free of charge.