Lympstone flower and vegetable show
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village s flower and vegetable show. Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year s event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed t
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village's flower and vegetable show.
Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year's event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed that level this time around.
The show takes place on Saturday, August 29, in the village hall at 2pm.
Shirley said: "This year we have come up with some exciting new ideas, which our committee hope will attract even more people in the village to exhibit."
You may also want to watch:
There are a number of categories at the event including vegetable, fruit, flowers, pot plants, juniors, home cooking, handicrafts, visual art, go green and premises.
Prizes will be presented at 4pm. The awards include the Lympstone Flower Show Challenge Cups, Clements Rose Bowl and the Greenfield Tankard.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 3 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 6 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 7 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 10 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
Admission to the flower and vegetable show is �1 for adults. Exhibitors and children, aged under 14, go free of charge.