Lympstone flower and vegetable show
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village s flower and vegetable show. Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year s event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed t
THE chairman of Lympstone Garden Club is hoping for a record number of entrants at the village's flower and vegetable show.
Shirley Wilkes said despite terrible weather at last year's event, there were more entrants than ever before but wanted to exceed that level this time around.
The show takes place on Saturday, August 29, in the village hall at 2pm.
Shirley said: "This year we have come up with some exciting new ideas, which our committee hope will attract even more people in the village to exhibit."
There are a number of categories at the event including vegetable, fruit, flowers, pot plants, juniors, home cooking, handicrafts, visual art, go green and premises.
Prizes will be presented at 4pm. The awards include the Lympstone Flower Show Challenge Cups, Clements Rose Bowl and the Greenfield Tankard.
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 4 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 5 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 6 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 7 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 8 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 9 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 10 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
Admission to the flower and vegetable show is �1 for adults. Exhibitors and children, aged under 14, go free of charge.