Lympstone couple's 100-mile cycle
A MARRIED couple from Lympstone are to embark on a 100-mile cycling challenge for charity - on a bright yellow tandem bike. Louise and Dave Wiscombe will take part in a fundraiser in Surrey on Sunday to raise money for Action Medical Research, a children
A MARRIED couple from Lympstone are to embark on a 100-mile cycling challenge for charity - on a bright yellow tandem bike.
Louise and Dave Wiscombe will take part in a fundraiser in Surrey on Sunday to raise money for Action Medical Research, a children's health charity.
Louise, 52, who works as a school nurse, said, initially both her and Dave were sceptical about the prospect of cycling in unison.
But she added: "We gave it a go when we were visiting friends in France and fell in love with the idea of cycling all over the place together. Now we're hooked!"
You may also want to watch:
It will be the second time their canary yellow tandem has been used in an official event. Louise said they were using Sunday's event as part of their training schedule as they hope to one day ride from Land's End to John O'Groats.
The pair will ride across the North Downs, and up both Leith and Box Hill this weekend.
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
Anyone who is interested in taking part in the challenge should visit the following website at: www.action.org.uk or call 01403 210406.