Lympstone couple's 100-mile cycle
A MARRIED couple from Lympstone are to embark on a 100-mile cycling challenge for charity - on a bright yellow tandem bike. Louise and Dave Wiscombe will take part in a fundraiser in Surrey on Sunday to raise money for Action Medical Research, a children
A MARRIED couple from Lympstone are to embark on a 100-mile cycling challenge for charity - on a bright yellow tandem bike.
Louise and Dave Wiscombe will take part in a fundraiser in Surrey on Sunday to raise money for Action Medical Research, a children's health charity.
Louise, 52, who works as a school nurse, said, initially both her and Dave were sceptical about the prospect of cycling in unison.
But she added: "We gave it a go when we were visiting friends in France and fell in love with the idea of cycling all over the place together. Now we're hooked!"
You may also want to watch:
It will be the second time their canary yellow tandem has been used in an official event. Louise said they were using Sunday's event as part of their training schedule as they hope to one day ride from Land's End to John O'Groats.
The pair will ride across the North Downs, and up both Leith and Box Hill this weekend.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
Anyone who is interested in taking part in the challenge should visit the following website at: www.action.org.uk or call 01403 210406.