Lympstone couple's 100-mile cycle
A MARRIED couple from Lympstone are to embark on a 100-mile cycling challenge for charity - on a bright yellow tandem bike. Louise and Dave Wiscombe will take part in a fundraiser in Surrey on Sunday to raise money for Action Medical Research, a children
A MARRIED couple from Lympstone are to embark on a 100-mile cycling challenge for charity - on a bright yellow tandem bike.
Louise and Dave Wiscombe will take part in a fundraiser in Surrey on Sunday to raise money for Action Medical Research, a children's health charity.
Louise, 52, who works as a school nurse, said, initially both her and Dave were sceptical about the prospect of cycling in unison.
But she added: "We gave it a go when we were visiting friends in France and fell in love with the idea of cycling all over the place together. Now we're hooked!"
You may also want to watch:
It will be the second time their canary yellow tandem has been used in an official event. Louise said they were using Sunday's event as part of their training schedule as they hope to one day ride from Land's End to John O'Groats.
The pair will ride across the North Downs, and up both Leith and Box Hill this weekend.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 7 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 8 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 9 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
Anyone who is interested in taking part in the challenge should visit the following website at: www.action.org.uk or call 01403 210406.