Lympstone church anniversary success
THE CHAIRMAN of Lympstone Church s 600 committee has thanked villagers for supporting the month-long programme of anniversary events. John Lupton, of Church Road, said the success of the events had surpassed expectations. Festivities to mark the 600th ann
THE CHAIRMAN of Lympstone Church's 600 committee has thanked villagers for supporting the month-long programme of anniversary events.
John Lupton, of Church Road, said the success of the events had surpassed expectations.
Festivities to mark the 600th anniversary of the church tower started on September 4 and concluded last Sunday, September 27.
John said: "The celebrations exceeded expectations. We have had an absolutely wonderful time.
You may also want to watch:
"The effort people have put in to organise and support the events has been stupendous. I cannot speak highly enough of them.
"There has been such an amazing buzz in the village this month and the church has been the centrepiece which was great to see.
- 1 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 2 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 3 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 7 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
"Everyone has been saying what a wonderful occasion it was."
The festivities included a number of music, drama events and church services. The Reverend Prebendary Ian Morter was also licensed as the new priest in charge in Lympstone.
John added: "I would like to thank the people of the village for supporting the events and they should be really proud of what they have achieved.