Low crime rate in Lympstone over Christmas and New Year
THE POLICE were pleased to report a low level of crime in Lympstone during the Christmas and New Year period. PC Simon Halloran, speaking at a parish council meeting held last Monday, January 4, said there were two crimes and one non-crime domestic report
THE POLICE were pleased to report a low level of crime in Lympstone during the Christmas and New Year period.
PC Simon Halloran, speaking at a parish council meeting held last Monday, January 4, said there were two crimes and one non-crime domestic reported between the period of December 5 and January 3.
* Items were stolen from the boot of an insecure vehicle parked on Jackson Meadow between 5pm on Saturday, December 19 and 9.30am on Tuesday, December 22.
Despite house-to-house enquiries, no witnesses have emerged.
Anyone with information, should call Devon and Cornwall police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference number KE/09/3685.
* Damage was caused to a vehicle parked on the Strand between 11.45pm and 12.12am on Wednesday, December 23.
- 1 East Devon in the focus of BBC Countryfile this Sunday
- 2 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 3 DCC survey shows the condition of Devon's roads has improved
- 4 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 5 New figures show Its been a busy 2021 for Exmouth Coast watch
- 6 Outstanding Racing Results for trio of Exmouth Harriers
- 7 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 8 Otterton shop raffle raises funds for Devon Air Ambulance
- 9 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 10 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
PC Halloran said: "A group of males were seen leaving the train station, believed responsible. Officers attended but there was no trace of the offender."
Anybody who has information, should call Devon and Cornwall police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference number KE/09/3686.
PC Halloran said there were a number of incidents reported to the force's enquiry centre during this period.
They included: four requests for roads to be gritted; vehicles obstructing Maltfield Road which were preventing access to a dust bin lorry and a road traffic collision on Wotton Lane.
Damage was also caused to a parked car and construction works not properly illuminated.