Lorry spills load on road
The A376 at Clyst St Mary was closed for several hours yesterday when a lorry overturned, spilling its load. The police said no one was injured in the collision.
Firefighters from Exmouth were first on the scene when a lorry overturned onto its side, spilling its load, at the Clyst St Mary roundabout.
The specialist rescue vehicle from Exmouth reported a road traffic collision involving a lorry and a blue Vauxhall Astra shortly before noon on Wednesday, while the crew was on their way back from an earlier incident.
The driver of the lorry received first aid at the scene from firefighters until paramedics arrived and he could be taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital by ambulance.
Both lanes of the A376 were closed for three hours while the lorry, and its load, was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters used a triple extension ladder and an environmental kit in their clean-up operation.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 10 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing