Looks just awful
Well, honestly, I think The Strand development plans look really, really awful.
1) Why is the development not in keeping with the lovely Victorian/Georgian buildings that surround it?
2) Why are the taxes we pay being used to create a business that is going to be in direct competition with my caf�, The Book Rest, which pays taxes to the government/council?
3) Since when did the council go into the business of being in competition with the already plentiful number of cafes/businesses in the town?
4) There are lots of empty shops in town. We don’t need another business premises, but do need decent marketing for the town.
You may also want to watch:
This is just another short-term idea from people who really have absolutely no idea of real business in the real world, and think that they will get a quick return from another cafe.
Now, if it was an art gallery for local artists that would really bring in visitors from out of town. But please, not another cafe.
- 1 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 2 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Sound move to join singing group
- 9 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 10 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
18 The Parade, Exmouth.