Looking forward to reunion
I joined the Royal Marines in September 1960 and left as a Colour Sergeant in 1990. Next year we are having a reunion at CTCRM, Lympstone, to mark 50 years of joining the Royal Marines.
I joined the Royal Marines in September 1960 and left as a Colour Sergeant in 1990.
Next year we are having a reunion at CTCRM, Lympstone, to mark 50 years of joining the Royal Marines.
A lot of work is being done to try and locate the 38 that joined up. At present we have 16 of us getting together and we know that four have passed on to better things.
Just by chance, I had an email from one of my mates that I joined up with who I haven't seen for 45 years. We are going to meet up again on Friday, September 25, at 7.30pm, in the Feathers Hotel, Budleigh Salterton for a meal and a few drinks. We will be with our better halves. This person, Arthur Ellis, was also my best man when I first got married in Exeter in 1964. Arthur is coming down from Northamptonshire to attend the RMA reunion in CTCRM over next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
43 Mary Dean Avenue,
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Tamerton Foliot, Plymouth.