Looking forward to reunion
I joined the Royal Marines in September 1960 and left as a Colour Sergeant in 1990. Next year we are having a reunion at CTCRM, Lympstone, to mark 50 years of joining the Royal Marines.
I joined the Royal Marines in September 1960 and left as a Colour Sergeant in 1990.
Next year we are having a reunion at CTCRM, Lympstone, to mark 50 years of joining the Royal Marines.
A lot of work is being done to try and locate the 38 that joined up. At present we have 16 of us getting together and we know that four have passed on to better things.
Just by chance, I had an email from one of my mates that I joined up with who I haven't seen for 45 years. We are going to meet up again on Friday, September 25, at 7.30pm, in the Feathers Hotel, Budleigh Salterton for a meal and a few drinks. We will be with our better halves. This person, Arthur Ellis, was also my best man when I first got married in Exeter in 1964. Arthur is coming down from Northamptonshire to attend the RMA reunion in CTCRM over next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
43 Mary Dean Avenue,
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 4 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
Tamerton Foliot, Plymouth.