Looking forward to reunion
I joined the Royal Marines in September 1960 and left as a Colour Sergeant in 1990. Next year we are having a reunion at CTCRM, Lympstone, to mark 50 years of joining the Royal Marines.
I joined the Royal Marines in September 1960 and left as a Colour Sergeant in 1990.
Next year we are having a reunion at CTCRM, Lympstone, to mark 50 years of joining the Royal Marines.
A lot of work is being done to try and locate the 38 that joined up. At present we have 16 of us getting together and we know that four have passed on to better things.
Just by chance, I had an email from one of my mates that I joined up with who I haven't seen for 45 years. We are going to meet up again on Friday, September 25, at 7.30pm, in the Feathers Hotel, Budleigh Salterton for a meal and a few drinks. We will be with our better halves. This person, Arthur Ellis, was also my best man when I first got married in Exeter in 1964. Arthur is coming down from Northamptonshire to attend the RMA reunion in CTCRM over next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
43 Mary Dean Avenue,
- 1 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 2 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 3 The discovery of unusual items in the search for crucial paperwork - Paul Nero
- 4 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 5 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 9 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
Tamerton Foliot, Plymouth.