Looking forward to reunion
I joined the Royal Marines in September 1960 and left as a Colour Sergeant in 1990. Next year we are having a reunion at CTCRM, Lympstone, to mark 50 years of joining the Royal Marines.
I joined the Royal Marines in September 1960 and left as a Colour Sergeant in 1990.
Next year we are having a reunion at CTCRM, Lympstone, to mark 50 years of joining the Royal Marines.
A lot of work is being done to try and locate the 38 that joined up. At present we have 16 of us getting together and we know that four have passed on to better things.
Just by chance, I had an email from one of my mates that I joined up with who I haven't seen for 45 years. We are going to meet up again on Friday, September 25, at 7.30pm, in the Feathers Hotel, Budleigh Salterton for a meal and a few drinks. We will be with our better halves. This person, Arthur Ellis, was also my best man when I first got married in Exeter in 1964. Arthur is coming down from Northamptonshire to attend the RMA reunion in CTCRM over next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
43 Mary Dean Avenue,
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 6 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 7 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 8 Auctioneers are becoming more accessible by utilising new technology
- 9 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 10 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
Tamerton Foliot, Plymouth.