Longboat: time to speak out
The Longboat planning application for Budleigh Salterton will be considered again by East Devon District Council planners on October 19.
Many local people want to retain the unique sense of place created by the historic Longboat building where it has stood for more than 130 years and the well-used, publicly owned shelter, both of which will be lost if the application is approved.
The title of ‘Heritage Asset’ was introduced in March 2010 by central government to protect important, but not necessarily listed, buildings which are seen as significant in their community.
If you want EDDC, as the local planning authority, to regard the last known example of an Admiralty Longboat House in the country as such a Heritage Asset, then write and let the chief Executive know now. The people’s voice should be heard.”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall