Longboat plan a great asset’
I am in complete agreement with Janice Camp (letters, July 16) in supporting the proposed development of the Longboat Cafe at Budleigh Salterton.
am in complete agreement with Janice Camp (letters, July 16) in supporting the proposed development of the Longboat Cafe at Budleigh Salterton. I feel it would be a great asset to the town.
Where on earth does "Concerned Budleigh Resident, Name and Address Withheld" get the idea that the redevelopment would lead to "MacDonald's with smells of onions and burgers, together with noise and frequent ritual releasing of body fluids"? A vivid imagination?
Also opposing the redevelopment "Name and Address Withheld" thinks they can encourage local people to make their voices heard when they will not even give their own name. How much notice should we take of the views of someone who complains about Exmouth's lifeboat station "wrecking the sea view for hundreds of yards in every direction" with no apparent concern for the vital job done by lifeboat crews.
"Withheld" asks us to "vote out" councillors in favour of the Longboat plans for going against our wishes. I shall certainly find out which councillors are opposed to the plans, vote them out and those in favour in. Those of us in favour must not let ourselves be dictated to by the vociferous few.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 3 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 4 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 7 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 8 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10