Longboat: it’s out of keeping
Having seen today s edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Having seen today's edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Please, I beg the planners not to allow such a building on our beautiful coastal path.
The unique character of our part of the Devon coastline should be preserved. There are many seaside towns in East Devon that provide the futuristic, modern and sometimes ugly buildings that this picture today shows.
Please leave Budleigh seafront to its old world charm. There is plenty of room in the town itself for a superb restaurant. True, without a sea view, but the object of a restaurant is to provide food not views.
You may also want to watch:
5 Estuary View,
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 3 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 4 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 8 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 9 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 10 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term