Longboat: it’s out of keeping
Having seen today s edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Having seen today's edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Please, I beg the planners not to allow such a building on our beautiful coastal path.
The unique character of our part of the Devon coastline should be preserved. There are many seaside towns in East Devon that provide the futuristic, modern and sometimes ugly buildings that this picture today shows.
Please leave Budleigh seafront to its old world charm. There is plenty of room in the town itself for a superb restaurant. True, without a sea view, but the object of a restaurant is to provide food not views.
You may also want to watch:
5 Estuary View,
- 1 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 2 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 3 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 4 Christine Channon retains Devon County Council seat
- 5 Exmouth Harriers take to the roads again
- 6 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 7 Plea for help to outfit Budleigh’s new community workshop
- 8 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
- 9 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 10 WBW Solicitors sponsoring best start up business award