Longboat: it’s out of keeping
Having seen today s edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Having seen today's edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Please, I beg the planners not to allow such a building on our beautiful coastal path.
The unique character of our part of the Devon coastline should be preserved. There are many seaside towns in East Devon that provide the futuristic, modern and sometimes ugly buildings that this picture today shows.
Please leave Budleigh seafront to its old world charm. There is plenty of room in the town itself for a superb restaurant. True, without a sea view, but the object of a restaurant is to provide food not views.
You may also want to watch:
5 Estuary View,
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 9 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?