Longboat: it’s out of keeping
Having seen today s edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Having seen today's edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Please, I beg the planners not to allow such a building on our beautiful coastal path.
The unique character of our part of the Devon coastline should be preserved. There are many seaside towns in East Devon that provide the futuristic, modern and sometimes ugly buildings that this picture today shows.
Please leave Budleigh seafront to its old world charm. There is plenty of room in the town itself for a superb restaurant. True, without a sea view, but the object of a restaurant is to provide food not views.
5 Estuary View,
- 1 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 2 Care at home company named top 20 in the SW
- 3 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 4 Lively conditions set the scene for Exmouth Regatta
- 5 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 6 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 7 Local history: Lady Byron's links with Exmouth
- 8 Co-op raises 7K for local community
- 9 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 10 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival