Longboat: it’s out of keeping
Having seen today s edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Having seen today's edition of the Journal and the picture (impression) of the proposed Longboat Cafe, it really shows how out of keeping with the seafront at Budleigh Salterton this new build will be.
Please, I beg the planners not to allow such a building on our beautiful coastal path.
The unique character of our part of the Devon coastline should be preserved. There are many seaside towns in East Devon that provide the futuristic, modern and sometimes ugly buildings that this picture today shows.
Please leave Budleigh seafront to its old world charm. There is plenty of room in the town itself for a superb restaurant. True, without a sea view, but the object of a restaurant is to provide food not views.
You may also want to watch:
5 Estuary View,
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane