Longboat issue: what a mess
AFTER reading last week s Exmouth Journal, February 4, on the Longboat Caf� not being listed: How is this detrimental to the existing Longboat Caf� being changed into a monstrosity of glass, etc? The simple fact is the public want it left as it always has
AFTER reading last week's Exmouth Journal, February 4, on the Longboat Caf� not being listed:
How is this detrimental to the existing Longboat Caf� being changed into a monstrosity of glass, etc? The simple fact is the public want it left as it always has been.
The old Budleigh! Simple as that! Cup of tea, coffee, something to eat, easy!
No huge glass edifice obliterating the beautiful seaside views; just a peaceful seaside town left alone in all its glory, as it always has been.
You may also want to watch:
We have heard time and boring time again - plans not accepted.
But, has anyone thought that, if at the worst, the plans were accepted, would it still go ahead to be built or simply get the planning passed and sell the existing Longboat Caf� as it is?
- 1 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 2 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 3 Exmouth social group Friends UK set to resume meet ups
- 4 Candidates ready for elections in Exmouth and Budleigh Coastal ward
- 5 Promising signs for Town’s young footballers
- 6 Sand movement forces change of launch location for Exmouth lifeboat
- 7 Mixed views on future development in East Devon
- 8 Exmouth’s final goodbye to ‘RNLI stalwart’ Tim Mock
- 9 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 10 Brixington Blues keep marching on
Still perfectly perfect as it is but with the proprietors leaving the area with a big cheque, letting everybody left behind facing the consequences.
So, great, what a mess, no need for any of it.
And, to finally end, in my single mind, all that is behind it as I can see is: money desperately needed, resulting in total greed! No public thought in any way - deaf ears.
Mr S Harris,