Longboat issue: what a mess
AFTER reading last week s Exmouth Journal, February 4, on the Longboat Caf� not being listed: How is this detrimental to the existing Longboat Caf� being changed into a monstrosity of glass, etc? The simple fact is the public want it left as it always has
AFTER reading last week's Exmouth Journal, February 4, on the Longboat Caf� not being listed:
How is this detrimental to the existing Longboat Caf� being changed into a monstrosity of glass, etc? The simple fact is the public want it left as it always has been.
The old Budleigh! Simple as that! Cup of tea, coffee, something to eat, easy!
No huge glass edifice obliterating the beautiful seaside views; just a peaceful seaside town left alone in all its glory, as it always has been.
You may also want to watch:
We have heard time and boring time again - plans not accepted.
But, has anyone thought that, if at the worst, the plans were accepted, would it still go ahead to be built or simply get the planning passed and sell the existing Longboat Caf� as it is?
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
Still perfectly perfect as it is but with the proprietors leaving the area with a big cheque, letting everybody left behind facing the consequences.
So, great, what a mess, no need for any of it.
And, to finally end, in my single mind, all that is behind it as I can see is: money desperately needed, resulting in total greed! No public thought in any way - deaf ears.
Mr S Harris,