Longboat issue: what a mess
AFTER reading last week s Exmouth Journal, February 4, on the Longboat Caf� not being listed: How is this detrimental to the existing Longboat Caf� being changed into a monstrosity of glass, etc? The simple fact is the public want it left as it always has
AFTER reading last week's Exmouth Journal, February 4, on the Longboat Caf� not being listed:
How is this detrimental to the existing Longboat Caf� being changed into a monstrosity of glass, etc? The simple fact is the public want it left as it always has been.
The old Budleigh! Simple as that! Cup of tea, coffee, something to eat, easy!
No huge glass edifice obliterating the beautiful seaside views; just a peaceful seaside town left alone in all its glory, as it always has been.
We have heard time and boring time again - plans not accepted.
But, has anyone thought that, if at the worst, the plans were accepted, would it still go ahead to be built or simply get the planning passed and sell the existing Longboat Caf� as it is?
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 5 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
- 8 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 9 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 10 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
Still perfectly perfect as it is but with the proprietors leaving the area with a big cheque, letting everybody left behind facing the consequences.
So, great, what a mess, no need for any of it.
And, to finally end, in my single mind, all that is behind it as I can see is: money desperately needed, resulting in total greed! No public thought in any way - deaf ears.
Mr S Harris,