Longboat development likely to be granted
Permission is expected to be granted later this month to building a glass-fronted restaurant on the site of Budleigh Salterton’s Longboat Cafe, the district council has revealed.
The district council planners approved Brent and Jane Hushon’s application in principal on June 1 – but postponed its confirmation of permission until it was decided if the Longboat caf� building should be listed.
Now the district council development management committee has learned the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) does not propose to list the building, it will recommend the committee grants the application at a meeting on October 19.
A spokesman for East Devon District Council said: “The council has now been notified by the DCMS that it does not propose to list the building.
“A report will therefore be going to the next meeting of the committee – on 19 October – making members aware of this development and recommending that the committee confirms the permission.”
You may also want to watch:
The report will be available online from Friday October 8.
Members of the public will be invited to attend the meeting and comment.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
The district council said comments will be restricted to new matters which have arisen since June 1.