Longboat development likely to be granted
Permission is expected to be granted later this month to building a glass-fronted restaurant on the site of Budleigh Salterton’s Longboat Cafe, the district council has revealed.
The district council planners approved Brent and Jane Hushon’s application in principal on June 1 – but postponed its confirmation of permission until it was decided if the Longboat caf� building should be listed.
Now the district council development management committee has learned the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) does not propose to list the building, it will recommend the committee grants the application at a meeting on October 19.
A spokesman for East Devon District Council said: “The council has now been notified by the DCMS that it does not propose to list the building.
“A report will therefore be going to the next meeting of the committee – on 19 October – making members aware of this development and recommending that the committee confirms the permission.”
The report will be available online from Friday October 8.
Members of the public will be invited to attend the meeting and comment.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 South West warning for drought issued
- 3 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 4 Local history: Withycombe Raleigh's churches
- 5 Plastic free fest held in Exmouth
- 6 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 7 Volunteers sought for Exmouth charity shop
- 8 Exmouth RNLI rescue paddleboards caught in rip tide
- 9 Exmouth classic car show returns this August
- 10 Christian festival coming to Budleigh
The district council said comments will be restricted to new matters which have arisen since June 1.