Log burner fire breaks out in Woodbury Salterton

Fire crews were called to Woodbury Salterton on Monday after a fire involving a log burner broke out at lunchtime. The fire was out on the crews’ arrival thanks to a quick-thing neighbour.

Firefighters from Exmouth, Topsham and Exeter were called to Woodbury Salterton on Monday lunchtime following reports of a smell of burning, smoke from a chimney and an alarm sounding.

When the crews arrived at a property in Greendale Road shortly before 2.30pm they found a fire involving a log burner had broken out.

On finding the fire was out on their arrival, firefighters used a thermal imaging camera and snake eye camera to check the premises before leaving.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Upon arrival, fire personnel found that an uncontrolled fire involving the log burner had occurred, a small quantity of logs on the hearth adjoining the woodburning stove had caught on fire, but the quick intervention of a neighbour had extinguished the fire, prior to arrival of the fire service.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter