Local decisions to be made on schools closures and school transport on tuesday
Local decisions will once again be made about school transport and school closures on Tuesday morning. More than 50% of school transport was operational today - with most routes operational in the south of the county
Local decisions will once again be made about school transport and school closures on Tuesday morning. More than 50% of school transport was operational today - with most routes operational in the south of the county - and only 17 schools were forced to remain closed due to snow, ice, burst pipes etc.
It is hoped that school transport operators will once more be operational on primary routes and in more urban areas wherever it is safe or practicable. However there continues to be the likehood of transport disruption in the North of the county and in rural areas. Parents are once again advised to contact their local school transport operator directly for information.
To ensure access to secondary and community college sites across the county, key access roads and main entrances will once again be gritted in the morning where possible or practical.
However, there is a Met Office warning of heavy snow at some point during tomorrow with the potential for further disruption.
You may also want to watch:
Parents are therefore advised to contact their local school directly or listen to their local radio station in the morning for up to date advice on any potential school closure and again later in the day should local conditions worsen if a school needs to close early.
- 1 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 2 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 3 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 4 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 5 Junior rugby returns after a year of frustration
- 6 Budleigh Music Festival announces return line-up
- 7 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 10 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café