Oliver Letwin returned to Dorset West seat
- Credit: Archant
Oliver Letwin, the Conservative candidate for Dorset West, has been returned with a majority of more than 16,000.
Liberal Democrat candidate Ros Kayes came second, with UKP thirs, follwed by Labour and the Green Party.
The turnout for the constituency was 72.6 per cent, with 56,643 votes cast and Mr Letwin’s majority was 16,130.
The results are as follows:
Peter Barton, Green Party, 3,242
You may also want to watch:
David Glossop, UK Independence Party, 7,055
Ros Kayes, Liberal Democrats, 12,199
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 6 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 7 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
Oliver Letwin, Conservative Party, 28,329
Rachel Rogers, Labour Party, 5,633