Mystery Knowle bidder revealed
- Credit: Archant
A specialist retirement community developer is lined up to buy the district council offices at Knowle, if the authority gives the go-ahead later this month.
The Herald can reveal that Pegasus Life Ltd is the preferred bidder for the East Devon District Council-owned site, and has offered ‘between £7million and 8million’ for the land.
The company is proposing to replace the existing offices with ‘retirement and extra care living for over 100 people’, according to council documents.
The controversial relocation project would see EDDC use the money from the Knowle sale to fund a move to vacant offices at Exmouth Town Hall and purpose built facilities at Honiton’s Heathpark.
Councillors will consider the proposals in three meetings planned this month, with a final decision due to be made on March 25.
You may also want to watch:
See the full story in Friday’s Herald.
- 1 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 2 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 3 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 4 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 5 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 6 Former High Court Justice speaks to Probus Club
- 7 Activities for all ages at Budleigh health and wellbeing hub
- 8 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 9 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar
- 10 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook