Mystery Knowle bidder revealed
- Credit: Archant
A specialist retirement community developer is lined up to buy the district council offices at Knowle, if the authority gives the go-ahead later this month.
The Herald can reveal that Pegasus Life Ltd is the preferred bidder for the East Devon District Council-owned site, and has offered ‘between £7million and 8million’ for the land.
The company is proposing to replace the existing offices with ‘retirement and extra care living for over 100 people’, according to council documents.
The controversial relocation project would see EDDC use the money from the Knowle sale to fund a move to vacant offices at Exmouth Town Hall and purpose built facilities at Honiton’s Heathpark.
Councillors will consider the proposals in three meetings planned this month, with a final decision due to be made on March 25.
You may also want to watch:
See the full story in Friday’s Herald.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock