Mystery Knowle bidder revealed
- Credit: Archant
A specialist retirement community developer is lined up to buy the district council offices at Knowle, if the authority gives the go-ahead later this month.
The Herald can reveal that Pegasus Life Ltd is the preferred bidder for the East Devon District Council-owned site, and has offered ‘between £7million and 8million’ for the land.
The company is proposing to replace the existing offices with ‘retirement and extra care living for over 100 people’, according to council documents.
The controversial relocation project would see EDDC use the money from the Knowle sale to fund a move to vacant offices at Exmouth Town Hall and purpose built facilities at Honiton’s Heathpark.
Councillors will consider the proposals in three meetings planned this month, with a final decision due to be made on March 25.
You may also want to watch:
See the full story in Friday’s Herald.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 3 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 4 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 7 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 8 Repair cafe opens again
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Fairlynch Museum opens its doors for longer visits