Mystery Knowle bidder revealed
- Credit: Archant
A specialist retirement community developer is lined up to buy the district council offices at Knowle, if the authority gives the go-ahead later this month.
The Herald can reveal that Pegasus Life Ltd is the preferred bidder for the East Devon District Council-owned site, and has offered ‘between £7million and 8million’ for the land.
The company is proposing to replace the existing offices with ‘retirement and extra care living for over 100 people’, according to council documents.
The controversial relocation project would see EDDC use the money from the Knowle sale to fund a move to vacant offices at Exmouth Town Hall and purpose built facilities at Honiton’s Heathpark.
Councillors will consider the proposals in three meetings planned this month, with a final decision due to be made on March 25.
You may also want to watch:
See the full story in Friday’s Herald.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 3 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 4 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 9 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 10 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action