It’s mayor Maddie and Brian as her deputy
- Credit: Archant
Brixington’s Maddie Chapman has been elected as Exmouth’s mayor, taking over the mantle from Bill Nash.
The ceremonial hand-over took place at this week’s annual town council meeting, which also saw 10 new councillors taking up their seats on the 25-seat town council.
In what has become a tradition, the previous year’s deputy took over the role, which doubles as chairman of the council.
Councillor Chapman’s deputy is fellow Brixington councillor Brian Cole, who was chosen over Lib Dem Steve Gazzard.
New Conservative councillors are: Littleham, Paul Dean; Brixington, Jeff Trail; Withycombe, Brian Bailey and Richard Scott; Town ward, Terry Darville and Tony Hill; Halsdon, Emma Gibbons and Fred Caygill.
You may also want to watch:
Green councillor Rob Masding (Town ward) and Lib Dem Clare Gough (Town ward) were also elected.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 Look to the future to find the key to motivation