It’s mayor Maddie and Brian as her deputy
- Credit: Archant
Brixington’s Maddie Chapman has been elected as Exmouth’s mayor, taking over the mantle from Bill Nash.
The ceremonial hand-over took place at this week’s annual town council meeting, which also saw 10 new councillors taking up their seats on the 25-seat town council.
In what has become a tradition, the previous year’s deputy took over the role, which doubles as chairman of the council.
Councillor Chapman’s deputy is fellow Brixington councillor Brian Cole, who was chosen over Lib Dem Steve Gazzard.
New Conservative councillors are: Littleham, Paul Dean; Brixington, Jeff Trail; Withycombe, Brian Bailey and Richard Scott; Town ward, Terry Darville and Tony Hill; Halsdon, Emma Gibbons and Fred Caygill.
You may also want to watch:
Green councillor Rob Masding (Town ward) and Lib Dem Clare Gough (Town ward) were also elected.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!