It’s mayor Maddie and Brian as her deputy
- Credit: Archant
Brixington’s Maddie Chapman has been elected as Exmouth’s mayor, taking over the mantle from Bill Nash.
The ceremonial hand-over took place at this week’s annual town council meeting, which also saw 10 new councillors taking up their seats on the 25-seat town council.
In what has become a tradition, the previous year’s deputy took over the role, which doubles as chairman of the council.
Councillor Chapman’s deputy is fellow Brixington councillor Brian Cole, who was chosen over Lib Dem Steve Gazzard.
New Conservative councillors are: Littleham, Paul Dean; Brixington, Jeff Trail; Withycombe, Brian Bailey and Richard Scott; Town ward, Terry Darville and Tony Hill; Halsdon, Emma Gibbons and Fred Caygill.
You may also want to watch:
Green councillor Rob Masding (Town ward) and Lib Dem Clare Gough (Town ward) were also elected.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 5 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 6 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 7 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon