Hughes is last Tory as EDA wins in Sidmouth/Sidford
- Credit: Archant
Conservative Stuart Hughes is the last-standing Tory Sid Valley representative on East Devon District Council after a pair of Independent East Devon Alliance members secured two of the Sidmouth/Sidofrd Ward’s three seats.
Mr Hughes was re-elected with 1,779 votes and will be jmoind by the EDA’s Dawn Manley (1,479 votes) and Marrianne Rixson (1,327 votes).
Conservative Ian Mckenzie-Edwards narrowly misssed out with 1,145 votes and Tory Graham Troman (1,022 votes) lost his seat.
Independent Jack Brokenshire
The EDA’s Debbie Tallis (1,115 votes) and Independtent Jack Brokenshire (898 votes) also missed out with Lib Dem Lewis Ragbourn (526 votes).
You may also want to watch:
The turnout was 72.77 per cent.
- 1 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 2 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college