Hughes is last Tory as EDA wins in Sidmouth/Sidford
- Credit: Archant
Conservative Stuart Hughes is the last-standing Tory Sid Valley representative on East Devon District Council after a pair of Independent East Devon Alliance members secured two of the Sidmouth/Sidofrd Ward’s three seats.
Mr Hughes was re-elected with 1,779 votes and will be jmoind by the EDA’s Dawn Manley (1,479 votes) and Marrianne Rixson (1,327 votes).
Conservative Ian Mckenzie-Edwards narrowly misssed out with 1,145 votes and Tory Graham Troman (1,022 votes) lost his seat.
Independent Jack Brokenshire
The EDA’s Debbie Tallis (1,115 votes) and Independtent Jack Brokenshire (898 votes) also missed out with Lib Dem Lewis Ragbourn (526 votes).
You may also want to watch:
The turnout was 72.77 per cent.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Repair cafe opens again
- 9 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane