Hughes is last Tory as EDA wins in Sidmouth/Sidford
- Credit: Archant
Conservative Stuart Hughes is the last-standing Tory Sid Valley representative on East Devon District Council after a pair of Independent East Devon Alliance members secured two of the Sidmouth/Sidofrd Ward’s three seats.
Mr Hughes was re-elected with 1,779 votes and will be jmoind by the EDA’s Dawn Manley (1,479 votes) and Marrianne Rixson (1,327 votes).
Conservative Ian Mckenzie-Edwards narrowly misssed out with 1,145 votes and Tory Graham Troman (1,022 votes) lost his seat.
Independent Jack Brokenshire
The EDA’s Debbie Tallis (1,115 votes) and Independtent Jack Brokenshire (898 votes) also missed out with Lib Dem Lewis Ragbourn (526 votes).
You may also want to watch:
The turnout was 72.77 per cent.
- 1 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 4 Exmouth loses out on multi-million pound funding boost
- 5 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Call to arms to support your local cinema
- 8 Sound move to join singing group
- 9 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common