Hughes is last Tory as EDA wins in Sidmouth/Sidford
- Credit: Archant
Conservative Stuart Hughes is the last-standing Tory Sid Valley representative on East Devon District Council after a pair of Independent East Devon Alliance members secured two of the Sidmouth/Sidofrd Ward’s three seats.
Mr Hughes was re-elected with 1,779 votes and will be jmoind by the EDA’s Dawn Manley (1,479 votes) and Marrianne Rixson (1,327 votes).
Conservative Ian Mckenzie-Edwards narrowly misssed out with 1,145 votes and Tory Graham Troman (1,022 votes) lost his seat.
Independent Jack Brokenshire
The EDA’s Debbie Tallis (1,115 votes) and Independtent Jack Brokenshire (898 votes) also missed out with Lib Dem Lewis Ragbourn (526 votes).
You may also want to watch:
The turnout was 72.77 per cent.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 3 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 7 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!