EDDC elections: first results emerge
- Credit: Archant
A late night separating the ballots has delayed the count but the first seven East Devon District Council wards have been announced.
The authority’s Conservative chairman Paul Diviani retains the Yarty seat, but vice chairman Christine Drew, another Tory, lost Sidmouth Rural to Independent David Barratt.
Raleigh was the first result, which was taken by the East Devon Alliance candidate, Geoffrey Jung, who ousted Conservative cabinet member Ray Bloxham.
In Budleigh Salterton, Tory trio Alan Dent, Steve Hall and Tom Wright have all been re-elected, proclaiming: “The Budleigh boys are back.”
In Exmouth’s Brixington ward, Conservatives David and Maddy Chapman and Cherry Nicholas have also all been re-elected.
You may also want to watch:
And in the town’s Withycombe Raleigh ward, Brian Bailey, Steve Gazzard and Brenda Taylor have won the vote.
Whimple was claimed by Peter Bowden, claiming the seat from Lib Dem Martin Gammell.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock