PM should resign ‘sooner rather than later’, says East Devon MP
- Credit: Archant
Prime Minister Theresa May should resign ‘sooner rather than later’.
Those are the words of the East Devon MP Sir Hugo Swire.
Following the local elections and Brexit backlash on councils across the country, the Conservative MP said: "It is no secret that Theresa May has said that she will at some point be standing down as Prime Minister.
"It is my belief that this should happen sooner rather than later.
"The Conservative Party is in the fortunate position of having a number of well-qualified candidates who I believe would be able to lead the country with renewed energy and focus, and prevent a hard-left 1970s style Corbyn government".
You may also want to watch:
Send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you think?
For the latest news in your area visit Herald's website at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 3 Topsham events planned after latest stop on lockdown roadmap
- 4 Topsham is one of the best places to live - its official
- 5 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 6 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 7 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 8 Exmouth RNLI called to rescue Kayaker
- 9 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar