PM should resign ‘sooner rather than later’, says East Devon MP
- Credit: Archant
Prime Minister Theresa May should resign ‘sooner rather than later’.
Those are the words of the East Devon MP Sir Hugo Swire.
Following the local elections and Brexit backlash on councils across the country, the Conservative MP said: "It is no secret that Theresa May has said that she will at some point be standing down as Prime Minister.
"It is my belief that this should happen sooner rather than later.
"The Conservative Party is in the fortunate position of having a number of well-qualified candidates who I believe would be able to lead the country with renewed energy and focus, and prevent a hard-left 1970s style Corbyn government".
You may also want to watch:
Send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you think?
For the latest news in your area visit Herald's website at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 7 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 8 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 9 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter