PM should resign ‘sooner rather than later’, says East Devon MP
- Credit: Archant
Prime Minister Theresa May should resign ‘sooner rather than later’.
Those are the words of the East Devon MP Sir Hugo Swire.
Following the local elections and Brexit backlash on councils across the country, the Conservative MP said: "It is no secret that Theresa May has said that she will at some point be standing down as Prime Minister.
"It is my belief that this should happen sooner rather than later.
"The Conservative Party is in the fortunate position of having a number of well-qualified candidates who I believe would be able to lead the country with renewed energy and focus, and prevent a hard-left 1970s style Corbyn government".
You may also want to watch:
Send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you think?
For the latest news in your area visit Herald's website at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 4 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 5 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 6 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 7 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 8 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Lets use money from cancelled holidays to help those in need - Anthony Bernard