PM should resign ‘sooner rather than later’, says East Devon MP
- Credit: Archant
Prime Minister Theresa May should resign ‘sooner rather than later’.
Those are the words of the East Devon MP Sir Hugo Swire.
Following the local elections and Brexit backlash on councils across the country, the Conservative MP said: "It is no secret that Theresa May has said that she will at some point be standing down as Prime Minister.
"It is my belief that this should happen sooner rather than later.
"The Conservative Party is in the fortunate position of having a number of well-qualified candidates who I believe would be able to lead the country with renewed energy and focus, and prevent a hard-left 1970s style Corbyn government".
You may also want to watch:
Send a letter to email@example.com and tell us what you think?
For the latest news in your area visit Herald's website at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 6 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 9 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser