Council seats up for grabs in Halsdon and Littleham
- Credit: Archant
Voters are going to the polls today (Thursday, April 14) to fill two vacancies on
Exmouth Town Council.
By-elections are to be held in two of the council’s five wards - Halsdon and Littleham.
The candidates in Halsdon are Pauline Garbutt (Liberal Democrats) and Khristine Norton (Conservative).
The candidates in Littleham are Sue Brooks (Liberal Democrats), Bruce De Saram (Conservative), Keith Edwards (Labour), and Paul Rapley (East Devon Alliance of Independents).
You may also want to watch:
The by-elections follow the resignation of Conservative councillor Emma Gibbons in the Halsdon ward, and Conservative councillor Paul Dean in the Littleham ward.
When all places are filled, the town council is made up of 25 members.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 3 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 4 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson
Currently, it has 16 Conservative councillors, six Liberal Democrats, and one Green, with two vacancies.