Council seats up for grabs in Halsdon and Littleham
- Credit: Archant
Voters are going to the polls today (Thursday, April 14) to fill two vacancies on
Exmouth Town Council.
By-elections are to be held in two of the council’s five wards - Halsdon and Littleham.
The candidates in Halsdon are Pauline Garbutt (Liberal Democrats) and Khristine Norton (Conservative).
The candidates in Littleham are Sue Brooks (Liberal Democrats), Bruce De Saram (Conservative), Keith Edwards (Labour), and Paul Rapley (East Devon Alliance of Independents).
You may also want to watch:
The by-elections follow the resignation of Conservative councillor Emma Gibbons in the Halsdon ward, and Conservative councillor Paul Dean in the Littleham ward.
When all places are filled, the town council is made up of 25 members.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
Currently, it has 16 Conservative councillors, six Liberal Democrats, and one Green, with two vacancies.