Local artists display
EXMOUTH Contemporary Artists are holding an exhibition of their most recent work at the National Trust s 16 sided tea broom A la Ronde.
EXMOUTH Contemporary Artists are holding an exhibition of their most recent work at the National Trust's 16 sided tea broom A la Ronde.
The exhibition, from Saturday 15 August to Wednesday 26 August, will display work by 30 local artists.
Exmouth Contemporary Artists are a group who produce paintings and works of art which are original, imaginative, creative and often of an experimental nature.
Lorna Porter, Exhibitions Secretary, said: "Most are local people who have visited A la Ronde.
You may also want to watch:
"We are inspired by the beautiful views, the trees in summer or winter, glimpses of the sea, the position and exceptional shape of the building. All the creativity within provides further inspiration."
Assistant Property Manager Salli Carr-Griffin said: "John Onley and John Cowlishaw, members of the group, have held solo exhibitions at A La Ronde and Lorna Porter is holding a solo exhibition next year.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
"Now we are looking forward to welcoming all members of the group, for an exhibition with an emphasis on creative and imaginative images, echoing the spirit of the Parminter cousins for whom this extraordinary house was built."
Admission to the exhibition, in the Stables, and Tea-room is free, closed Thursday & Friday.