Local artist exhibits at A La Ronde
A LA Ronde, Exmouth s 16-sided 18th century National Trust house is preparing for a free exhibition of work by East Devon artist, John Cowlishaw.
A LA Ronde, Exmouth's 16-sided 18th century National Trust house is preparing for a free exhibition of work by East Devon artist, John Cowlishaw.
The exhibition, entitled 'Glimpses of Devon', will run from Saturday April 25 until Wednesday May 6.
There will be no charge to view the exhibition which will be on display in the stable and tea-room.
John said, "I retired to East Devon after approximately 40 years in the Chemical and Oil Industry and took up painting following the purchase of an instruction book by Roland Hilder in a car boot sale.
You may also want to watch:
"I have been doing it ever since becoming more and more addicted as time went on."
Having spent time on various committees of local art societies including as President of the Exmouth Art Group, John started teaching more or less accidentally about 20 years ago both for the local authority and privately:
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 5 Repair cafe opens again
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
"I enjoy it almost as much as actual painting," he said. "I am also very pleased and privileged to be asked to exhibit at the A La Ronde which my wife and I consider to be one of the best attractions of the area.