Local artist exhibits at A La Ronde
A LA Ronde, Exmouth s 16-sided 18th century National Trust house is preparing for a free exhibition of work by East Devon artist, John Cowlishaw.
A LA Ronde, Exmouth's 16-sided 18th century National Trust house is preparing for a free exhibition of work by East Devon artist, John Cowlishaw.
The exhibition, entitled 'Glimpses of Devon', will run from Saturday April 25 until Wednesday May 6.
There will be no charge to view the exhibition which will be on display in the stable and tea-room.
John said, "I retired to East Devon after approximately 40 years in the Chemical and Oil Industry and took up painting following the purchase of an instruction book by Roland Hilder in a car boot sale.
You may also want to watch:
"I have been doing it ever since becoming more and more addicted as time went on."
Having spent time on various committees of local art societies including as President of the Exmouth Art Group, John started teaching more or less accidentally about 20 years ago both for the local authority and privately:
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
"I enjoy it almost as much as actual painting," he said. "I am also very pleased and privileged to be asked to exhibit at the A La Ronde which my wife and I consider to be one of the best attractions of the area.