Live music at The Bicton Inn, Exmouth
- Credit: Contributed
Listen to live acoustic music and perform at an open mic night - the entertaiment continues at The Bicton Inn
Enjoy an evening of lively, foot-tapping music on Thursday April 4, 8.30pm, when local musicians get together for an open acoustic session featuring accordions, violins, guitars, banjos, mandolins, pipes and bodhrans.
Anyone can come and join in or just enjoy listening. The session usually includes lots of jigs, reels, polkas, airs and shanties.
On Saturday April 6 at 5pm, female duo the Crow Puppets will perform beautiful folk featuring tender lyrics, close harmonies and a variety of acoustic instruments. They have been a great success at festivals and other venues throughout the UK, and their original songs have also featured on radio stations in Britain, Europe and America.
On Sunday, April 7 at 5pm, another festival favourite, Rosie Eade, will perform her acoustic folk and old-school rock. Her voice has been likened to Kate Bush, Maddy Prior and Grace Slick.
You may also want to watch:
Thursday, April 11 is open mic night, a chance for anyone to come along and perform in a relaxed atmosphere.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 3 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 The sun shines on East Devon knockout finals
- 8 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
- 9 East Devon cracker to start the Peninsula season
- 10 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs