Littleham: kitchen fire

PUBLISHED: 12:13 22 April 2013 | UPDATED: 12:13 22 April 2013

Firefighters battled a mile-long fire front.

Firefighters battled a mile-long fire front.

Archant

Littleham kitchen fire was accidental, say fire service.

Firefighters were called to Littleham on Saturday night after the ambulance service reported a kitchen fire had broken out at a home in Summer Close.

A crew from Budleigh Salterton, and standby crew from Bovey Tracey, arrived at the home at around 11.30pm where they found a cooker hob had caught fire.

The fire service said the cause of the fire was thought to be accidental.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Fire crews confirmed a small fire involving the cooker hob of a ground floor kitchen.

“The fire was out on the arrival of fire crews, who inspected the property to ensure it was safe.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists