Littleham good Samaritans enjoy fun day after clean-up operation
A FLURRY of hard-working youngsters converged on a Littleham estate to attend a fun day, held to celebrate what they had achieved from a large clean-up operation. The good Samaritans, all volunteers from places including the community college, youth clubs
A FLURRY of hard-working youngsters converged on a Littleham estate to attend a fun day, held to celebrate what they had achieved from a large clean-up operation.
The good Samaritans, all volunteers from places including the community college, youth clubs and local churches, helped clean residents' windows, gardens and even fitted new fences at some properties, over two days last week.
The fun day was held on the final day to reflect and celebrate the good work which was achieved.
The activity was part of a We Love Exmouth project, an annual community scheme which involves support from businesses, East Devon District Council and the Opendoor Ice Project.
You may also want to watch:
It was overseen by John Prockter, the project leader.
Organisers of the scheme sent letters through residents' doors wanting to know if anyone wanted any jobs doing. People then filled in forms and returned them to the vicarage to be picked up by Mr Prockter.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
Shirley and Ronald Horswell, of Nelson Drive, had their garden cleaned up and a fence installed.
Seventy-two-year-old Mrs Horswell said: "The youngsters did a lovely job.