Littleham girl’s once in a lifetime birthday
A SCHOOLGIRL from Littleham has celebrated a very unique birthday.
Caitlyn Williams, of Berry Close, enjoyed a party attended by friends and family on Sunday to mark her tenth birthday – on the tenth day of the tenth month of 2010.
A special disco was held for the youngster at Littleham Leisure Centre.
Both Caitlyn and her mum, Carly Churchull, 31, now regard the number ten as their lucky number.
Carly said: “I’m sure in a few years time when she is eligible to play the lottery she will put ten down on her ticket.
You may also want to watch:
“I know I have been lately, but sadly it hasn’t helped as yet.”
Caitlyn, who attends Littleham Primary School, was treated to an array of presents which included clothes, toiletries, books and toys.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 4 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
“She was really looking forward to the party and getting loads of presents,” said Carly.
“She likes a fuss being made of her but, at the same time gets a bit coy and embarrassed when the spotlight is on her.”
Caitlyn, who is a member of a local brownies group, has three siblings, Joel, seven, and younger twin brothers, Finnley and Asaac, both aged one.
In an equally significant, once in a lifetime moment, Carly added: “Her best friend, Bethany, was five on the fifth of the fifth in 2005.”