Littleham children hoping for a 'quacking' time
IT is not often people want rain to fall. But, that is the type of weather people from Littleham Primary School want ahead of a duck race which takes place at Littleham Brook this Saturday, September 26 . Julie Sprague, chairperson of the school s PTA, sa
IT is not often people want rain to fall.
But, that is the type of weather people from Littleham Primary School want ahead of a duck race which takes place at Littleham Brook this Saturday, September 26 .
Julie Sprague, chairperson of the school's PTA, said it was the first time such an event was being held outside the school and everyone involved would like some rain ahead of the day.
This would help boost the water level in the brook and enable the 400 ducks to swim.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We do hope, however, that the weather will be fine on the day of the event."
A Raleigh bike, valued at �200 donated by Exmouth Cycles, will be awarded to the person with the winning duck.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 4 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 7 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 8 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 9 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 10 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
The duck race will be followed by a family disco and hog roast in the village hall on Saturday evening.
Admission is priced �1 per-person. Children under school age can gain free entry to the hall.
All money raised will go towards improving the activities and play areas for children at the school.
For more information, call Julie Sprague on 07803 038366.