Littleham children hoping for a 'quacking' time
IT is not often people want rain to fall. But, that is the type of weather people from Littleham Primary School want ahead of a duck race which takes place at Littleham Brook this Saturday, September 26 . Julie Sprague, chairperson of the school s PTA, sa
IT is not often people want rain to fall.
But, that is the type of weather people from Littleham Primary School want ahead of a duck race which takes place at Littleham Brook this Saturday, September 26 .
Julie Sprague, chairperson of the school's PTA, said it was the first time such an event was being held outside the school and everyone involved would like some rain ahead of the day.
This would help boost the water level in the brook and enable the 400 ducks to swim.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We do hope, however, that the weather will be fine on the day of the event."
A Raleigh bike, valued at �200 donated by Exmouth Cycles, will be awarded to the person with the winning duck.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 5 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 6 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 7 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 8 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The duck race will be followed by a family disco and hog roast in the village hall on Saturday evening.
Admission is priced �1 per-person. Children under school age can gain free entry to the hall.
All money raised will go towards improving the activities and play areas for children at the school.
For more information, call Julie Sprague on 07803 038366.