Littleham children hoping for a 'quacking' time
IT is not often people want rain to fall. But, that is the type of weather people from Littleham Primary School want ahead of a duck race which takes place at Littleham Brook this Saturday, September 26 . Julie Sprague, chairperson of the school s PTA, sa
IT is not often people want rain to fall.
But, that is the type of weather people from Littleham Primary School want ahead of a duck race which takes place at Littleham Brook this Saturday, September 26 .
Julie Sprague, chairperson of the school's PTA, said it was the first time such an event was being held outside the school and everyone involved would like some rain ahead of the day.
This would help boost the water level in the brook and enable the 400 ducks to swim.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We do hope, however, that the weather will be fine on the day of the event."
A Raleigh bike, valued at �200 donated by Exmouth Cycles, will be awarded to the person with the winning duck.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
The duck race will be followed by a family disco and hog roast in the village hall on Saturday evening.
Admission is priced �1 per-person. Children under school age can gain free entry to the hall.
All money raised will go towards improving the activities and play areas for children at the school.
For more information, call Julie Sprague on 07803 038366.