Littleham children hoping for a 'quacking' time
IT is not often people want rain to fall. But, that is the type of weather people from Littleham Primary School want ahead of a duck race which takes place at Littleham Brook this Saturday, September 26 . Julie Sprague, chairperson of the school s PTA, sa
IT is not often people want rain to fall.
But, that is the type of weather people from Littleham Primary School want ahead of a duck race which takes place at Littleham Brook this Saturday, September 26 .
Julie Sprague, chairperson of the school's PTA, said it was the first time such an event was being held outside the school and everyone involved would like some rain ahead of the day.
This would help boost the water level in the brook and enable the 400 ducks to swim.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We do hope, however, that the weather will be fine on the day of the event."
A Raleigh bike, valued at �200 donated by Exmouth Cycles, will be awarded to the person with the winning duck.
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 10 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
The duck race will be followed by a family disco and hog roast in the village hall on Saturday evening.
Admission is priced �1 per-person. Children under school age can gain free entry to the hall.
All money raised will go towards improving the activities and play areas for children at the school.
For more information, call Julie Sprague on 07803 038366.