Litter clean-up in Brixington this weekend
ECO-friendly people will take part in a large clean-up operation this weekend. The Brixington Improvement Group (BIG) is to hold a path and step clean-up between Partridge Road and Haley Close this Saturday, February 27. The group is made up of local coun
ECO-friendly people will take part in a large clean-up operation this weekend.
The Brixington Improvement Group (BIG) is to hold a path and step clean-up between Partridge Road and Haley Close this Saturday, February 27.
The group is made up of local councillors, David Chapman, Maddie Chapman and Exmouth mayor Darryl Nicholas; PCSO Chris Ball, representatives from Exmouth Tuidy Group church and other community members.
Councillor John Humphries, from Littleham, will also help out this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr David Chapman, Chair of BIG, said: "Several local residents have highlighted how overgrown and untidy this path and steps are.
"There seem to be issues regarding who should be maintaining this throughfare, but as ever BIG takes a hands on approach to keeping our local area looking as good as possible.
- 1 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 2 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 7 Junior rugby returns after a year of frustration
- 8 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 9 Budleigh Music Festival announces return line-up
- 10 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
"As a group we will therefore be out in force on Saturday morning to clear the pathway, pick up the litter and trim back the overgrowth.