Fire station closure consultation: List of public exhibitions
- Credit: Archant
People will have the chance to quiz fire service bosses on potential station closures at upcoming public exhibitions.
A list of 23 events has been published by Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service as its plans to close stations across the county go to public consultation.
There are currently six options for the future of the service all of which include closures at Appledore, Ashburton, Budleigh Salterton, Colyton, Kingston, Porlock, Topsham and Woolacombe.
The public consultation runs until September 20, 2019. To take part, click here
Here is the full list of consultation events:
Monday, July 8 - noon to 4pm - St Matthew's Hall, Fore Street.
- 1 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
- 2 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 3 Budleigh joins scheme to put East Devon on green tourism map
- 4 Falklands War anniversary service in Exmouth
- 5 'Wendy's Day' raises more than £2,000 for Hospiscare
- 6 Thirteen new detectives join Devon and Cornwall Police via Police Now’s national detective programme
- 7 Success for cadets teams in rowing and powerboat contest
- 8 Deaf Academy teaching assistant highly commended at prestigious awards
- 9 Lympstone Marine trainer halfway through THREE ultra marathon challenge
- 10 Local history column: Exmouth's former golf club
Tuesday, July 9 - 2pm to 6pm - Kingston Reading Room, Oakdale.
Wednesday, July 10 - 1pm to 5pm - Appledore Hall, I New Quay Street
Monday, July 15 - 1pm to 5pm - Budleigh Hub, East Budleigh Road.
Tuesday, July 16 - 3pm to 7pm - Colyton Town Hall, Market Place.
Wednesday, July 17 - 1.30pm to 5.30pm - Woolacombe Village Hall, Beach Road.
Monday, July 22 - 10am to 2pm - St Lawrence Chapel, St Lawrence Lane
Thursday, July 25 - 1pm to 5pm - Porlock Village Hall, Toll Road
Monday, July 29 - 2pm to 6pm - Castle Street
Tuesday, July 30 - 1pm to 5pm - Paul Street
Thursday, August 1 - 10am to 2pm - Central Library, 167-171 Armada Way
Monday, August 5 - 11am to 3pm - Torquay Central Library, Lymington Road
Tuesday, August 6 - 1pm to 5pm - New Road
Thursday, August 8 - 1.30pm to 5.30pm - Tuly Street
Monday, August 12 - 11am to 3pm - The Quay, Plymouth Road
Wednesday, August 14 - 10am to 2pm - The Mansion, Fore Street
Thursday, August 15 - 1pm to 5pm - 2-14 Blackmore Drive
Monday, August 19 - 1pm to 5pm - Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane
Newton Abbot Library
Tuesday, August 20 - 10am to 2pm - Passmore Edwards Centre, Market Street
Thursday, August 22 - 11am to 3pm - Bancks Street
Tuesday, August 27 - Noon to 4pm - Binford Place
Wednesday, August 28 - 1pm to 5pm - King George Street, town centre.
Thursday, August 29 - 10am until 2pm - Justice Lane