Lift kite ban
I would like to respond to last week s article regarding the banning of kites over 2m at the Imperial Ground.
I would like to respond to last week's article regarding the banning of kites over 2m at the Imperial Ground. I wonder if this is an example of excessive health and safety, with only superficial consultation and consideration.
Life is full of risks and simply banning an immensely enjoyable, appealing and visual sport with unsubstantiated claims is inappropriate. I have always found kite users courteous, considerate and they are no different from other outdoor pursuit enthusiasts who take calculated risks in order to keep themselves and others safe.
Common sense needs to prevail and the ban should be lifted until a proper consultation has taken place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 6 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 7 East Devon Ladies win County Pairs comp
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon