RNLI lifeguard patrols set to return to Exmouth
PUBLISHED: 17:00 18 June 2020
Lifeguard patrols are set to return to Exmouth on Saturday (June 20).
RNLI is hoping to have lifeguards on around 170 beaches in the UK within the next two weeks with Exmouth one of the venues where patrols will return.
Mark Dowie, RNLI chief executive, said: ‘We are now confident we can provide a more comprehensive lifeguard service this summer safely, despite the continuing challenges created by the pandemic.”
The charity is also continuing to urge anyone planning to visit Exmouth to make sure they keep themselves and their families safe by following this beach safety advice:
• Have a plan - check the weather forecast, tide times and read local hazard signage
• Keep a close eye on your family – on the beach and in the water
• Don’t allow your family to swim alone
• Don’t use inflatables
• If you fall into the water unexpectedly, float to live. Fight your instinct to thrash around, lean back, extend your arms and legs, and float
• In an emergency dial 999, and ask for the coastguard
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.