On July 16 and August 13, the annual RNLI Flag Day collections were held in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton.
As a consequence, �643.99 and �458.63 were raised, respectively. These are fantastic amounts, given the current economic climate, and both collections saw an increase on the 2010 totals.
On behalf of the Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton RNLI Guild, grateful and sincere thanks are extended to contributors, collectors, counters and those behind the scenes who make the collections a success. Special thanks also to the management and staff at Haven, Sandy Bay and to Beryl and Councillor Brian Cole, aka ‘Stormy Stan’!
If you are a supporter of the RNLI and wish to assist us with collections and other fund-raising opportunities, please contact me or a member of the local guild. Your assistance will be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you once again. Your contribution really does make a difference towards saving lives at sea and ending preventable loss of life at sea.
1 Morton Road, Exmouth.
- 1 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 2 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 3 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 4 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 5 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 6 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate