Lidl opens Thursday
Budget supermarket Lidl finally opens the doors to its new Exmouth branch in Salterton Roadon Thursday.
The store will be officially opened by mayor Sandy Sutton, and represents the last stage of a major business deal that has been years in the making, and has enabled scores of jobs to be retained and created.
But first Eurotech had to build its new cutting-edge factory, which was duly completed a year ago.
Now the second – and final – stage is on the cusp of being realised and, in all, the agreement has enabled Eurotech to retain 140 skilled jobs, while also creating 25 new jobs at Lidl.
The new store, at the top of Dinan Way, is opening at 8am on Thursday, September 8, and is the latest phase of the budget supermarket’s UK-wide expansion programme.
You may also want to watch:
Georgina Hall, of Lidl, said: “Our customers trust us to offer them high-quality products at the lowest prices.
“The new Exmouth store not only offers a value-for-money shopping experience to local residents, but has also created up to 25 new jobs, which is positive news in the current economic climate.”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Sound move to join singing group
- 5 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s