Leisure board members retire
RETIRING board members of the trust which manages leisure facilities in the area have been congratulated for their work. A number of members of Leisure East Devon stood down at a meeting held last Tuesday, May 19, after serving on the board for three year
RETIRING board members of the trust which manages leisure facilities in the area have been congratulated for their work.
A number of members of Leisure East Devon stood down at a meeting held last Tuesday, May 19, after serving on the board for three years.
They included Tony Alexander, principal of Exmouth Community College, and trustee Jackie Clarke, from Woodbury.
The outgoing members were commended by East Devon District Council for their services to the community and for helping to develop the trust. LED is a charitable organisation that manages the local authority's leisure facilities.
You may also want to watch:
David Pagett, LED's chief executive, thanked all retiring members.
He added: "A huge debt of gratitude is owed to the retiring trustees for the contribution they have made to the trust from its inception through to where we are today.
- 1 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 2 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 3 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Black belt grading success for Lympstone and Exmouth Karate students
- 6 Repair café returns to town to lend a helping hand
- 7 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 8 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
"The council's recognition of their efforts is well deserved.
"New trustees have been recruited to replace those retiring and we will be pleased to introduce the new faces very soon."
Chairman John Micklethwait, of West Hill, near Ottery St Mary, vice chairman David Harrison, of Sidmouth, and Sarah Peacock, of Sidbury, also stood down.
East Devon District Council's leisure facilities are leased to the trust which was established in 2006.
Their facilities include the Exmouth Pavilion, Phear Park and Exmouth Swimming and Leisure Centre.